Sunday, March 2, 2014

Aaron Wilburn~ "Mamma The Cat Ate The Gathiers"


Uploaded on Apr 1, 2008
From Aaron Wilburn's DVD "Down By The Riverside". I ordered this on Aaron's official website www.aaronwilburn.com and you can too!!

LOL!!! Every Gaither fan will think this is funny. Aaron Wilburn is the best!! :)

Lyrics:

It was four in the morning
And I was awake
Sure I was suffering from something I ate
I checked out the TV nothing was on
Thought I'd put in a tape watch some good gospel songs
In disbelief I stared at my tape
To see from the middle the kitty had ate
Solos, and trios, quartets and more
Were nothing but snippets on my living room floor

Oh mamma, the cat ate the Gaithers
Bill and his buddies are gone
From out of it's cage
It went into a rage
Sent the homecoming friends Home

If your making plans for Christmas
Listen to my earnest plea
All that I'm wanting for Christmas
Bring back the Gaithers to me.

Tears fell like rivers from out of my eyes
For there went my twenty-nine ninety and five.
Precious memories in Memphis lying around everywhere
It looked a little like Guy Penrod's hair.

The cat ran down the hall and I figured it out
He swallowed some tape without a doubt
Cause he was dancing like Jessy, beat all I ever saw
He had a homecoming light in his little front paw.

Oh mamma, the cat ate the Gaithers.

TTFN
CYA Later Taters
Thanks for watching.

Donnie/ Sinbad the Sailor Man

No comments:

Post a Comment